Friday, May 1, 2009

Act 1 Scene 1

P1/
I dont know.
I cant think right now. There is... too much going on ... everywhere around me. The last time I was here, i was doing fine. I was OK...

and also, I had time in my hands, and my mind was... was fine. I guess. and , well.... its not my fault.. is it??

P2/
What're you talking about?


(Fade in from black
Table,
brownish tone
Two men, drinking,
Whiskey bottle, a plate of cut- sausage, lemon, and Hajmola

P2 is eating mostly and only sipping

P1 is quite woozily drunk
Bricked Wall brownish tone Background, close up of P1 when he is talking.

P2's closeup with P1 in the frame while P2 is talking)


P1/
I mean, when you hurt someone's prized ego, you pay. dearly. (takes in huge gasp of air... wipes sweat with arm).
I tried. I tried, its not like I was the only one there. I mean there are others who took part in THAT (takes in a mouthful)
just as same as me.

P2/
oh that. (overlapping, with a mouthful of sausages)
You worry too much.

(Long Range Shot of the Bar
view of the dark bar, Paper Chinese lanterns, late night, short skirt girls serving drinks, two men facing the wall )-----> do this until P1 finishes his line)

P1/
I am not worrying. Its just that, Being around those people will make me lose my mind. I cannot function well, if i am not left alone. An... an... and th- they wont leave me be. and sHE was... I felt sorry for her, so I called her.

P2/(Back to closeups)
You called her... you never told....(Takes in a Hajmola, Mukh bigarcha)... What'd she say?

P1/
Sh...She mind fucked me........... (takes a mouthful, empties glass)
First she talks about How low I close I was, how my being there brighter than the fucking sunshine... I was really smiling then, you know, that was her ice breaker.. with a.. with a ice picker... violent. And out of nowhere, she talks about that thing..... and how much I betrayed her.
She mind fucked me and i am impregnated with.... (pouring a drink) you want a drink????

P2/ (Overlapping, shakes head)
You weren't the only one, there were 13 of us that night.

P1/
Yeah, I felt sorry for her. that's my cardinal fucking sin. (looks around being unsecured)
I felt sorry for her. Wh-what was I supposed to do? She didn't expect on us being so aggressive.

P2/(overlapping)
ah... no fuck. She knew. That night was not just an instant outbreak... (Hard Gulp with Hajmola) that was result of suppressed rage and all 13 of us.

P1/
She donest see it that way.
You know, she says, that I have learned my mistake and... and... and... she wants me to come to her side. Aid her... in some shit plan she's thinking for all of ya.


P2/ (No need of closeup for P2)
(Scoffs)

P1/
I felt sorry for her... but i don't regret what I did. (Pours drink for himself only this time)

P2/
(Scoff vanishes)
She deserved it for Christ's sake.

P1/(taking a small sip)
Yeah.. Bu... but she doesn't see it that way. she... she still thinks she is the queen bee. You know... and we...we were the only ones telling her to stop coming to our workplace.... we really hurt her ego... some people dont just forget.
(hickup)
And when we signed the papers... she lost it. Completely.

(Silence)

(a cute waitress passes by, white top, red skirt.. short)

P1/

There was this girl I knew from.. from a few years ago.... an.. and she always told me to be in contact with a small number of people....because.. well she believed that I didn't have an ego, an... and...
she told me to have few friends... you know.. really told me to choose the people i hang out with.

Anyway, According to her... i would build my ego if i choose these.. um... friends who have a high opinion of themselves.

P2/ (No closeup)
High opinion... Rich Snobs??

P1/
(Laughs),

Yeah... snobs.

We wern't taking the same courses iin college.
But....aa.. I.. knew her friends... an... and they were, you know, famous for the wrong reasons...and everyone in the school knew them.

She broke it off with me.

Because... just because I hung out with my friends... I didn't like them then, I grew up to like them.. but, the guys, they used to tease me... laugh when she was around and stuff... You know how guys are right?

and I didnt care.. because its guys... and we teased girls all the time... but she.. sh... she was hurt. I guess... Her ego was hurt.

(END ACT)
..........................
......................................................................
Bracket bhitra ko chahi direction jasto khai malai lekhna aaundaina.

Anyway,
How do people talk??
(Rib Davis, writing dialogues for script )

We talk in incomplete sentences,

We are correcting ourselves as we go along, and constantly overlap when someone else is speaking, sometimes to show complete interest that we are listening..

A dialogue is very

And when we stay to write a dialogue, we are constantly polishing it because we are not used to seeing unfinished sentences or dots and commas in a sentence.

Nepali ma dialogue lekha na koi...

when we write conversations, we tend to polish a lot...
Je paye tehi
lastai je paye tehi)

No comments:

Post a Comment